ORM LITE is a light-weight, open-source ORM tool that implements most of the ORM 2 notation. New features:
- Kimball-style dimensional data warehouse design
- Larger models (with hundreds of tables and thousands of fact types)
- Re-engineering (with SQL table import and data profiling)
- Easier model navigation and searching
- Text-based fact entry (similar to NORMA)
- Improved Rmap and Verbalizer
- Automatic generation of fact type history tables (without explicit modeling)
- Selectively prevent fact types from being included in Rmap (an "ignore" flag)
- Light-weight question tracking for Fact and Object Type modeling
- Flag sample data as the actual data source
Compared to v0.13a, this release adds several new features, fixes numerous small problems, and gains improved speed and better documentation. It is recommended to all ORM Lite users.
As with prior releases, ORM Lite will run on Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Unix operating systems.
IMPORTANT installation notes:
- Be sure to uninstall your old version of ORM Lite before installing the new one.
- Convert each old file by opening the file, running the command "Button Scripts -> Install ORM Diagram" from the Script menu, and then saving the file.