in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

FYI error -- multiple constraints (UniquenessConstraint, ImpliedMandatoryConstraint) with the same generated names

Last post Mon, May 4 2009 15:51 by Matthew Curland. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 2 2009 21:21

• markdiez
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 26 2009
    • Posts 1

FYI error -- multiple constraints (UniquenessConstraint, ImpliedMandatoryConstraint) with the same generated names

FYI, I ran into the subject problem I'm running 2009-01CTP and encountered one of the four mystery bugs listed in the Readme for 2009-02CTP, namely that reloading a model reveals duplicate-names errors (two for UniquenessConstraint and one for ImpliedMandatoryConstraint). The Readme said to let you know if we encountered this bug or had a reproducible scenario. Sorry -- I just encountered the bug, but don't have a reproducible scenario. I worked around the problems by manually renaming the UniquenessConstraints and by deleting the ImpliedMandatoryConstraint in the XML file. Thanks for the tip about the using the XML file to deleting the ImpliedMandatoryConstraint. 

• Mon, May 4 2009 15:51 In reply to

Re: FYI error -- multiple constraints (UniquenessConstraint, ImpliedMandatoryConstraint) with the same generated names

Mark,

Thanks for letting me know. As you might have noticed, this one is really hard to reproduce.

The current NORMA drop will regenerate any automatically generated name that has a duplicate on load. The primary scenario for this is to simplify merging different versions of the same model. It also has the side-effect of covering up this bug. The issue is still there, but you are unlikely to ever notice it because it is fixed automatically when the model reloads.

-Matt

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service