in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Column Specific Name Generation Defaults Always Reverts to "Camel"

Last post Mon, Jul 6 2009 14:57 by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 31 2009 20:35

Column Specific Name Generation Defaults Always Reverts to "Camel"

In the ORM Model Browser, I have "Name Generation Settings\Name Generation Defaults".CasingOption set to "Pascal". It's the same, all the way down to "Column Specific" and "Table Specific".

When I save my model, close it, and then reopen it, I find this setting reverted to "Camel".

Filed under:
  • Mon, Jun 1 2009 12:41 In reply to

Re: Column Specific Name Generation Defaults Always Reverts to "Camel"

Acknowledged.

What's happening:

1. The settings are considered default if they match the parent. You can easily see this state in the properties window based on the bolded property values (or lack of bolding).
    2. The settings for a name generation refinement (a child level) are not serializedif there are no serialized child refinements or settings changes
    3. On reload, the refinement level is recreated with default values specific to the refinement, which reverts the 'Column' setting to Camel because Pascal was not explicitly stored.

The fix is to either always serialize (I'd rather not do this because in the future these trees could be quite deep as we introduce refinements for different DB generation targets) or to check both the current and default states of each attribute, as opposed to just comparing to the parent states.

In any case, the interim workaround is relatively straightforward: put the settings you want directly on the leaf nodes and make sure you have a bolded property value in the Properties Window.

Thanks for the heads up. 

-Matt

• Mon, Jun 1 2009 20:29 In reply to

Thanks, Matt, your workaround worked (of course).

• Mon, Jul 6 2009 14:44 In reply to

This bug was fixed in changeset 1392 and is included in the June 2009 CTP release.

-Matt

• Mon, Jul 6 2009 14:57 In reply to

Thank you, sir, impressive turn-around, as usual.

John

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service