in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Forward slash problem in Fact Editor

Last post Mon, Feb 15 2010 15:12 by mnnoon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Oct 25 2009 2:17

• mnnoon
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • Lawndale, CA
    • Posts 60

Forward slash problem in Fact Editor

I accidentally added a forward slash.  When I try and remove it.. it keeps whatever is after the forward slash.  So I gave up trying to fix this after the 2nd try in the fact editor I tried to remove the "/has" but it added what you see in the example below.  Any help to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Example:

LastQueue() hashas/has Claim(.id)

• Sun, Oct 25 2009 2:26 In reply to

• mnnoon
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Lawndale, CA
    • Posts 60

Re: Forward slash problem in Fact Editor

This is still a bug, but I fixed it by just deleting the object (fact type) and started over in the fact editor. thx Marc

• Sun, Oct 25 2009 2:57 In reply to

Marc,

I can't tell from this thread what sequence of lines you entered in the fact editor to result in this reading, but I don't see anything alarming.

The Fact Editor will not modify a reverse reading unless a / is included in the Fact Editor line. So 'A r/s B' will create readings 'A r B' and 'B s A'. Editing the line to 'A rr B' will change the first reading, but not the second. If you want to edit the first and delete the reverse, then use / with nothing after it, such as 'A rr/ B'. Similarly, 'A /s B' will delete the 'A r B' reading. This design is mentioned in the 'Fact Editor' section of the Readme.htm file included in the setup zips and installed with the product in Documentation subdirectory. Look in Program Files under 'ORM Solutions' to find your NORMA product installation.

If you want fine-grained control over multiple readings, you can also use the 'ORM Reading Editor' tool window, which lets you add multiple readings per order and adjust reading prioritization.

-Matt

• Mon, Feb 15 2010 15:12 In reply to

• mnnoon
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Lawndale, CA
    • Posts 60

Ok great. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service