in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Generate Class Diagram in UML

Last post Tue, Apr 28 2015 0:00 by Terry Halpin. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 15 2015 17:49

Generate Class Diagram in UML

I am learning how to use NORMA, so my question , How can I be able to generate  a UML class diagram from ORM in NORMA? the other question that I have is that how to be able to embede the ORM diagram( include in the page I am working on) in a document including the Population sample for users to understand the diagram easily? I am using NORMA for visual studio 2013

• Wed, Apr 15 2015 18:48 In reply to

Re: Generate Class Diagram in UML

Currently, NORMA doesn't generate UML class diagrams from an ORM model. This is something we'd like to support in the future. For a basic procedure on how to manually map ORM to UML, see section 9.8 of Information Modeling and Relational Databases, 2nd edition.

To copy an ORM diagram to the clipboard, right-click an empty space in the diagrammer window, and choose Copy Image from the context menu. To paste it from the clipboard to a Word document, open the document and choose Paste > Paste Special to open the Paste Special dialog, then choose Picture (Enhanced Metafile) and press OK. If you wish to also copy some sample populations you could include those in the diagram as model notes, and they will come over with the image. Alternatively, you can copy the sample population text (e.g. from the ORM Verbalization Browser) to the clipboard and then paste it to your document.

Cheers

Terry 

• Wed, Apr 15 2015 20:06 In reply to

Thank you so much!!

it worked! 

• Mon, Apr 27 2015 23:21 In reply to

Sir, 

'if you wish to also copy some sample populations you could include those in the diagram as model notes, and they will come over with the image." 

I tried the notes in the Properties , NOTE to include the sample population on the image that is to be copied on the clip board. The "Note" does not come on the diagram with the image on the word clip board. Am I missing something?

Best regards,

berhanu 

• Tue, Apr 28 2015 0:00 In reply to

Hi Berhanu,

Simply drag a Model Note shape from the Toolbox to the diagram window, and then add or copy the text into the shape. 

Cheers

Terry 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service