in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Minor naming "issue" for exclusive or constraint

Last post Fri, Jan 31 2014 11:26 by Matthew Curland. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 31 2014 3:19

• koneill
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 17 2012
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 38

Minor naming "issue" for exclusive or constraint

Hi,

Ran into the following in the latest version of Norma for visual studio 2012

Exclusive or contstraints are called "InclusiveOrConstraintX" by default.

I don't consider it a bug (because you can name it whatever you want) but I thought one would probably want to modify this Smile

Regards,

Karl

• Fri, Jan 31 2014 11:26 In reply to

Re: Minor naming "issue" for exclusive or constraint

Hi Karl,

An exclusive or constraint is actually two constraints linked together for convenience in the object model and diagram. These are always handled separately in the logic engine. There is a context menu command to split the constraints (Split Exclusive Or Constraint) and another to recombine them.

Constraint names are unique across a model, so these two constraints cannot have the same name. The name shown in the ORM Model Browser is the name of the exclusion constraint (default of ExclusiveOrConstraintX when the exclusion constraint is initialized linked to the mandatory constraint). The Properties Window shows two properties, Name is the name of the exclusion constraint, MandatoryConstraintName is the name of the linked mandatory constraint. I think you're looking at the wrong name.

-Matt

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service