in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Cannot execute the VS command [File > New > Object-Role Modeling File]

Last post Wed, May 7 2014 22:52 by Matthew Curland. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, May 7 2014 20:41

Cannot execute the VS command [File > New > Object-Role Modeling File]

I have been using OrmLITE with some success on a simple model , and now need a tool that will handle a more complex model. 

So, in a  Window 7 64-bit system with  Visual Studio 2008 I have now installed Norma from NORMA_VS2008_2013-12CTP.zip. 

Sadly, like Gordon Everest (Mar 10, 2014),  whenever  I execute the VS command [File > New > Object-Role Modeling File] , VS returns the following file-not found error.      

Cannot load '....  \~vs541E.orm'
        Could not load file or assembly  ...VirtualTreeGrid or one of its dependencies.
        The system cannot find the file specified.

Q1.  Which file cannot VS find? Is it the .orm file or 'VirtualTreeGrid or one of its dependencies'?
    Q2. How do I work around the problem?

• Wed, May 7 2014 22:52 In reply to

Re: Cannot execute the VS command [File > New > Object-Role Modeling File]

Hi David,

This generally happens when you don't install enough of Visual Studio for NORMA to run. You need to install at least one of the VB.NET or C# language packages. The VirtualTreeGrid control installs with Standard or higher (Pro, etc.) versions. If you can see the Class View tool window or the Object Browser then this dll is properly installed on your system.

So, the first thing to do is to check for VS installation and make sure that you have one of these language packages installed and haven't turned off standard features with a custom installation.

Please let me know if that doesn't work.

-Matt 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service