in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

June 2007 CTP ('b' release)

Last post Tue, Jul 10 2007 22:47 by Brian Nalewajek. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 10 2007 19:58

June 2007 CTP ('b' release)

I can't believe I just wrote that title, but I couldn't let this one slide. The 'a' release introduced a problem that prevented external constraints from dropping onto the diagram. The constraints were added to the model, and could be subsequently dropped onto the diagram from the Model Browser, but this was not obvious and was clearly a major functionality setback that needed to be addressed.

See the thread on the 'a' release for additional information. 

Please be sure to uninstall the original 2007-06CTP release (or the 2007-06aCTP release) (just the 'Neumont ORM Architect for Visual Studio' product, not the PLiX and Framework pieces) before installing this drop. 

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

-Matt 
  • Tue, Jul 10 2007 22:47 In reply to

RE: June 2007 CTP ('b' release)

Hi Matt,

These minor updates are seem pretty quick and easy to implement (not like a VS service pack!); so don't be afraid to put them out there as you correct oversights.  Actually, I had forgotten about the drag and drop from Object Explorer.  I, at least, could use a list of incorporated functionality features - not just for latest release, but going right back.  Even if the details on how to aren't provided, it would be a reminder to look for and test these in each release.  Until you posted the 'a' drop, I hadn't realized that the old Fact Editor wasn't the NEW Fact Editor (thought the changes were under the hood).  A list of VS tools/shortcuts/options that work in NORMA would be helpful too.  Not everyone looking to use NORMA has a background in developing using VS, so some common features can be easily missed.  Thanks for the update  BRN..
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service