in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Bug in the relational view component/page

Last post Mon, Mar 10 2008 14:24 by Matthew Curland. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 5 2008 16:29

• Jos Bol
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 8 2008
    • Rio de Janeiro
    • Posts 10

Bug in the relational view component/page

Hi,

A model I created with the previous release, the vs2008 version, is shown to have only bit fields in the relational view when opening it in the latest release. when looking and the entities in the model browser, everything seems to be fine however: autocounters, numeric fields, text fields, etc. Everything is neatly defined and just like I entered it. The generated SQL code also looks fine.

With kind regards,
    Jos

• Mon, Mar 10 2008 13:16 In reply to

• Jos Bol
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 8 2008
    • Rio de Janeiro
    • Posts 10

Re: Bug in the relational view component/page

It is actually not a bug in the relational view component, but a problem with the instalation package for VS2008. User MarkTab mailed me about the absence of the DSLToolsRedist.msi file in the installation package. Following the instructions of the readme (removing the DSLTools package from the system) and then running the batch file will end up in a non-working installation of NORMA. You'd have to uninstall Norma (and Plix?), install the DSLtools and then reinstall it again.

• Mon, Mar 10 2008 14:18 In reply to

The DSLToolsRedist.msi is needed for the VS2005 install only, the equivalent files install as part of a default VS2008 installation. For side-by-side support I've assumed that an install and/or uninstall of the DSLToolsRedist package would have no affect on the VS2008 installation. My apologies for any inconvenience the lack of VS2005-only disclaimers may have caused in this area. Running setup.bat for the appropriate product should fix any broken install. If not, please repost. -Matt

• Mon, Mar 10 2008 14:24 In reply to

Forcing a regeneration of the relational model will also reset the Relational View. There is no explicit regenerate step, but many things trigger it. For example, toggling an 'IsIndependent' setting on any ObjectType, or adding a new ObjectType, settings its reference mode, then deleting it will trigger a regen. You can currently tell when we have regenerated because the Model Browser Tables node collapses.

Note that we are aware of one bug in the VS2008 tool where the longest column is clipped in the relational view. Basically, the underlying DSL framework dll's use different rendering on the two platforms, but our length calculation routines are the same in both places. This is a major display issue here and in a couple of other places in the tool (model notes, for example) and are high priority for the next release.

-Matt

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service