I worked on this during the weekend and I think I got a working version for Oracle. I tested it with these providers:
- OracleClient from Microsoft (System.Data.OracleClient), and
- ODP.NET from Oracle (Oracle.DataAccess.Client), this provider comes with the ODAC set of libraries developed by Oracle. I used the 32-bit version which you can download from this page:
I made some tests and they all worked well, I could import an Oracle schema and generate the orm file. I am sending you this file along with the modified source files. I'm not sure if the data type mappings are 100% correct, I just tried some of them.
This was my development configuration, just in case:
- Windows 7, 64 bits.
- Visual Studio 2010, professional ed.
- ODAC 11.2 Release 4 (184.108.40.206.0).
- Oracle database 9i
I think the code could work without modifications with ODP.NET 220.127.116.11.20 as well. With version 12, maybe it's necessary to add a new name to reference the provider considering that the namespace has changed to something like Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client.