in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Minor problem with forum preview and post

Last post Sun, May 11 2008 18:43 by Brian Nalewajek. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 11 2008 15:14

Minor problem with forum preview and post

Admin,

I just posted a reply to a post, and saw that the reply had lost all paragraph spacings.  I posted a second version of the reply, and checked the preview feature to see that all paragraps were spaced correctly - and they were in the preview screen.  I posted that, but see that only some of the paragraph spacings were actualy used.

This is likely only a glitch in pasting material composed outside of the site's editor - though strange that the preview screen didn't pick this up.

Uless it becomes a common problem, there's no need to address it.  Do feel free to delete the first, monlithic, reply post (if possible), as the content is the same in both cases.

BRN..

• Sun, May 11 2008 17:34 In reply to

• admin
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 21 2007
    • Posts 149

Re: Minor problem with forum preview and post

Brian,

Yes - you have to be careful when posting material from an external editor.

If it is from Word, then you can use the "Paste from Word" icon.

If it is from something else, you can check the HTML by clicking on the HTML button.
    You can edit documents as an XML file in Visual Studio and then paste them into the post with the HTML window open.

• Sun, May 11 2008 18:43 In reply to

Re: Minor problem with forum preview and post

Thanks,

Good info on posting.  Some experimentation on my part should smooth out the wrinkles - hope the muffs aren't too annoying.

If prodcedures and policies on removing/replacing or editing posts (by their author), are documented here yet, please advise on location.

Thanks again,

BRN..

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service