in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Correcting errors in a post

Last post Tue, May 27 2008 15:49 by admin. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 27 2008 8:15

Correcting errors in a post

Admin,

I've tried to use the feature that allows the original poster to edit a post to correct errors in the text.  I have not, however, been able to make any actual changes to any of my posts.  When trying to correct a typo, I'll see the error corrected in the preview display; but I only see the original form after posting the new version.

If there are some non-intuitive steps for finalizing the corrections please post them, or post the location for the instructions.

If I spot a mistake in one of my posts, I'd like to be able to correct it.  All part of maintaining the quality of the OF website.

Thanks,

BRN..

• Tue, May 27 2008 14:33 In reply to

• admin
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 21 2007
    • Posts 149

Re: Correcting errors in a post

Brian,

The system requires that you make a note of the reason for your edit in a dialog box that appears below the box that contains the corrected text.
    If you don't enter anything in the "reason for edit" box, then the edits will not be made.

Please confirm that this solves the problem.
    Admin

• Tue, May 27 2008 15:08 In reply to

Thanks for the answer - the error was posted correctly after adding an editing note.

Another question: what is the pupose of the second edit notation box?  I left this empty.

Also, I haven't spotted the way to mark posts as answered (as I would have for your reply) - though I know you enabled the feature.

On a realted matter, will you enable the delete post function, for post authors?  I take it that it's a role/permission option.  If that is alreadly enabled, please pass along the procedure.  This would be useful for duplicate post content.

Thanks,

BRN..

Filed under: ,
  • Tue, May 27 2008 15:49 In reply to

• admin
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Sep 21 2007
    • Posts 149

Brian,

The second edit box will display the vaue of the "current edit"
    This is proivided as a "help" feature so that the author of the "first edit" can see what it says.
    If this is the first edit, the box is blank.

The "Mark post as answer" feature, allows the author of a post to choose an existing post to which the author's new post is "The answer".
    This is a different concept from seeing whether a particular post has been answered.
    One way to do this is to use the "change view" button to show the threaded view. (See below)

The "delete post" is indeed a feature of this system but so far I decided to reserve the "delete" function for the systems administrator to perform on request. 

Hope I correctly understood your questions. 

Admin

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service