in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Big Brown Book Club - the BBBC

Last post 06-04-2008 0:34 by JParrish. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-29-2008 13:31

Big Brown Book Club - the BBBC

Prompted by the recent post of MikeAgius, I'd like to announce the Big Brown Book Club or BBBC for short.

To become a member of the BBBC you must be a registered member of this website and meet three conditions:

A) You must own a copy of The Big Brown Book (aka Information Modeling and Relational Databases: Second Edition.)

If you bought the book after 30 May 2008, you should have bought it via the link from the image below.

B) You must have posted a review of the book on the Amazon.co.uk website

C) You must have posted at least one substantial comment on the book in a reply to this post.

Members of the BBBC are automatically entered in the ORM Foundation BBBC competition which will award PRIZES to contributors to this thread who, in the opinion of the registered members of this website, have made posts that are judged to be "The best two BBBC posters".

The "best " will be established by a voting mechanism that will be made available in this forum on 1 November 2008.
    The two winners will be announced at the end of the ORM 2008 workshop on 14 November 2008.
    The two prizes will be autographed copies of the Big Brown Book plus two accompanying cash prizes of £50 to pay for the un-autographed copy that you had to buy to become a member of the BBBC.

Let the posting commence!

Ken

Filed under:
  • 06-04-2008 0:34 In reply to

• JParrish
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on 05-30-2008
    • Florida, USA
    • Posts 25

Re: Big Brown Book Club - the BBBC

Mine arrives tomorrow.. I am excited! That is all. Yes

Here's a BBBC button for any members to link from their respective sites haha..

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2008-2014 The ORM Foundation: A UK not-for-profit organisation -------------- Terms of Service