in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Installation - March CTP

Last post Wed, May 20 2009 11:54 by Matthew Curland. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 18 2009 16:34

• JimLudden
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 16 2008
    • Taos, New Mexico, USA
    • Posts 75

Installation - March CTP

While installing March CTP into VS2008 running on Vista, I got this message (which is graphic and I cannot paste)
    An error occurred during the installation of asembly 'ORMSolutions.ORMArchitect.Core.VS2008,version"1.0.;0.0",culture="newtral",publicKeyToken"957D5B7D5E79E25F", processorArchitecture="VSIL". Please refer to Help and Support for more informaiton. HRESULT: 0x8002802F.

When I try to open an existing model I get this message:
    The file or folder'\\...\Time Tracking.orm' cannot be opened. Do you want to remove the reference(s) to in from the Recent List(s)?

Attempting to open another model I get the model, but in XML only.

Any clues, or should I just upgrade to Win7, install VS, and try again? (That's my plan later this week.)

Filed under: ,
  • Wed, May 20 2009 11:54 In reply to

Re: Installation - March CTP

Jim,

You seem to have successfully uninstalled. To verify this, make sure of the following:

1. The C:\Program Files\ORM Solutions\ORM Architect for Visual Studio 2008 directory and the older directory under C:\Program Files\Neumont is gone.
    2. Any files containing the term ORMArchitect have been removed from the Global Assembly Cache, visible under C:\Windows\Assembly\GAC_MSIL directory have been removed.
      1. If you wish to view the GAC directories as files instead of with the GAC viewer, then go to the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fusion registry key and add a DWORD value called DisableCacheViewer with a value of 1.
      2. From the command line with a reasonable path (like a Visual Studio 2008 Command Prompt), you can remove old GAC files using (for example) gacutil -u ORMSolutions.ORMArchitect.Core.VS2008.
    3. Make sure you run the installer as Administrator in Vista

-Matt

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service