Hey guys, I am trying to use the DB Import function to look at an existing database schema. I do the following:
Go to File > New File and select Object-Role Modeling (DB Import) fromt he General category
Choose Microsoft SQL Server as the Data Source with .NET Framework Data Provider for SQL Server as the Data Provider (I've tried with OLE DB as well)
Select my database in the Connection Properties window (Test Connection succeeds)
Hit OK and get "There was an error generating the XML document."
I have tried doing this on the Northwind and pubs database and in those I get the error "Cannot load 'C:\DOCUME~1\ryan\LOCALS~1\Temp\~vs58B.orm': Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1."
Opening that file reveals it contains "$DcilFile$" followed by 2 new lines.
I am using Visual Studio 2008 Professional Edition (9.0.30729.1) SP1 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on an XP machine.
I am running the July 1, 2009 build of NORMA, including Natural ORM Architect for Visual Studio 2008 and Neumont PLiX for Visual Studio. I can create a new ORM file from scratch and save and reopen it just fine.