in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Removing an editor from startup

Last post Wed, Feb 17 2010 11:12 by JimLudden. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 15 2010 17:28

• JimLudden
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 16 2008
    • Taos, New Mexico, USA
    • Posts 75

Removing an editor from startup

How would I prevent NORMA from displaying the (for instance) ORM Reference Mode Editor whenever I startup NORMA? (It seems like there must be some configuration file that I could edit.) I would always be able to right-click on the diagram and select the editor after startup if I really wanted to use it.

Somewhat related question: I always use .ID and never .id or .Id as reference mode.  How can I remove those styles of reference modes that I do not use?

Thanks, Jim.

• Mon, Feb 15 2010 20:47 In reply to

Re: Removing an editor from startup

Jim,

You can close a window and prevent it from reappearing with the ORM designer the next time Visual Studio is launched. However, the window will reappear the the session after that. The tool window visibility is managed completely by Visual Studio--NORMA just responds to a request to populate the window contents--so I consider this a VS problem. I will admit, however, that I haven't spent a lot of time researching the issue.

As for ID/id/Id and other reference mode patterns: the long-term plan is to move all reference modes and other information (specifically intrinsic data types and units) into an editable 'machine.orm' file. To keep the .orm files independent, any data from this file will be copied into your model on use, but the dropdowns for this like 'reference mode' will be a combination of the elements used in your model and the elements defined in the machine.orm file. The distinction between intrinsic and custom reference modes will be eliminated, and you will have full control over which elements you want to use on your machine.  Merging intrinsic/custom reference mode will be done as part of a datatype revamp that will allow multi-valued value types, custom data types with facets (size, length, etc), and unit association with value types. Sorry, I can't give a timetable for this right now, but it is moving up the list.

-Matt

• Wed, Feb 17 2010 11:12 In reply to

• JimLudden
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 16 2008
    • Taos, New Mexico, USA
    • Posts 75

Re: Removing an editor from startup

I checked through the .XML files that are part of the installed application, thinking that was where the list of reference modes would be. No luck, but I see that is on your list to make that configurable.  Thanks :)

I'll wait.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service