in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

ORM Lite release v0.12h - completely redesigned user interface

Last post Sun, May 13 2012 22:07 by BrianC. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 1 2011 16:00

• BrianC
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 9 2008
    • Posts 48

ORM Lite release v0.12h - completely redesigned user interface

Prior to this release, ORM Lite development has focused on the drawing canvas. We were able to successfully introduce a new, simpler approach for drawing ORM models. This is the first release that steps away from that narrow focus and addresses the total experience of learning to use a new tool. Everything that was not essential has been removed from the user interface. Everything that remained has been reorganized and simplified. The help screens have been completely rewritten and reorganized.

If you have seen any prior release of ORM Lite, this is a good time to take a new look at the program.

Thanks to Ken Evans for his invaluable comments on the prior release.This new release is dedicated to him for his efforts on behalf of the ORM community.

Filed under: ,
  • Thu, May 3 2012 0:03 In reply to

Re: ORM Lite release v0.12h - completely redesigned user interface

Actually, I find it rather opaque and have gone back to VisioModeler where I prefer entry using the fact editor. Just sayin'
  • Thu, May 10 2012 22:10 In reply to

Will ORM Lite run under win7 x64? I tried to install it and it starts but then nothing seem to work.

• Sun, May 13 2012 22:00 In reply to

• BrianC
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Posts 48

Darrylr1911, Thank you for trying the tool. Any feedback helps. I am puzzled by your comment that you find it "rather opaque". That's about the opposite of most of the feedback I have received. Would you be willing to explain your experience a little more? What made it opaque for you? What is it you like about the VisioModeler fact editor? Also, I am curious about what sort of modeling projects you do with VisioModeler? I've been using ORMLite for a fairly large Data Warehousing project. (More specifically, I am using the v0.13 prerelease version.) It has been tremendously helpful.
  • Sun, May 13 2012 22:07 In reply to

• BrianC
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Posts 48

rafalpaulsson, Yes. it runs on Win7 x64, but you have to give ORMLite extra permission to read the scripts directory. At least that is what one of my students told me, but I don't know what command he used to change the permission. If this correction works for you perhaps you could post on explanation of the steps that you followed.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service