in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Feature request: Remove constraint

Last post Thu, Dec 22 2011 11:07 by jrfinkel. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 21 2011 20:46

• jrfinkel
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 25 2011
    • Posts 5

Feature request: Remove constraint

Perhaps I am missing something, but I do not see how to remove a constraint.  It seems one has to delete the rule and add it again. 

/Joel

• Thu, Dec 22 2011 1:10 In reply to

Re: Feature request: Remove constraint

Hi Joel,

There are two key bindings for deletion in NORMA. By default, the delete key deletes the current shape and prompts you to delete the underlying element, and control-delete directly deletes the underlying element. For items that are parts of shapes (specifically roles and uniqueness constraints), delete does not bind to anything, so you need control-delete. You will also find corresponding delete commands on the context menu with any items selected.

You can change the default key bindings in the ORM Designer page of the Options dialog (available on the Tools menu in Visual Studio). The Delete Key Behavior option is in the Delete Behavior group.

Constraints can be placed in edit mode using the context menu or with a double-click. Click adds a role to the constraint or sequence, control-click deletes the role, and double-click on an included role completes the edit. You can see additional instructions in the tooltip available over an external constraint shape while the editor is active. There are also addtional commands on the highlighted roles with a constraint selected (for sequence deletion, activation, and reordering).

-Matt

• Thu, Dec 22 2011 11:07 In reply to

• jrfinkel
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 25 2011
    • Posts 5

Re: Feature request: Remove constraint

Matt,

Ah.  Thanks.  I see that I can select the constraint (if I enlarge the diagram enough) and then delete it.

/Joel

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service