The new release of ORM Lite supports:
- Kimball-style dimensional data warehouse design (using ORM diagram annotations)
- Larger models (with hundreds of tables and thousands of fact types)
- Re-engineering (with SQL table import and data profiling)
- Easier model navigation and searching
- Text-based fact entry (similar to NORMA)
- Improved Rmap and Verbalizer
- Automatic generation of fact type history tables (without explicit modeling)
- Selectively prevent fact types from being included in Rmap (an "ignore" flag)
- Light-weight question tracking for Fact and Object Type modeling
- Flag sample data as the actual data source
As with prior releases, ORM Lite will run on Windows, Macintosh, Linux, and Unix operating systems.
IMPORTANT installation notes:
- Be sure to uninstall your old version of ORM Lite before installing the new one.
- Convert each old file by opening the file, running the command "Button Scripts -> Install ORM Diagram" from the Script menu, and then saving the file.