in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Layout

Last post Wed, Jul 17 2013 1:53 by Matthew Curland. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 16 2013 21:00

• edreeh
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 7 2011
    • Posts 3

Layout

I am using VS 2012. The align buttons on the Layout toolbar work, but the width and spacing buttons are greyed out. Is there a way to enable these buttons?
  • Wed, Jul 17 2013 1:53 In reply to

Re: Layout

At this point only the align is implemented. There is no code for the other ones. VS kindly provides you with the standard buttons and commands, but the rest is up to the designer. I've considered doing the other commands, as well as supporting alignment to a role, but until this post no one has asked.

The only advance made in this area in the somewhat recent past was wiring in better zoom support and scaling the gridsize based on the current zoom of the window. The zoom commands are similar to a browser, except that VS was already using Ctrl {0-=} for {100%, decrease, increase} zoom. The NORMA designer uses Ctrl+Shift+<Standard Zoom Key>. If I have a fine-grained alignment to do I'll zoom to max using the keyboard repeat, adjust at the zoomed level where drag/drop and keyboard movements have a finer minimum movement (the gridsize), then zoom back out. A final tip is that holding the shift key down will lock a drag into either vertical or horizontal movement, which often helps with diagram layout.

-Matt

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service