Ran into this while modelling; I made a mistake in my thinking and tried to correct a fact type through the fact type editor.
- Create a objectified binary fact type and link two value types (value type 1 and value type 2)
- Create a ternary fact type and give value type 1 and 2 a role in it, give the third role to a third value type (value type 3).
- Now, select the ternary fact type and open the fact editor, which reads "[Value type 1] did something with [Value type 2] at [Value type 3]"
- Remove Value type 1 and 2 from the fact editor and replace them with the objectified binary fact type. The fact editor now reads; " [Objectified Fact Type] at ValueType3()".
- Press [enter]. Now the fact type reads; "[Objectified Fact Type] [Objectified Fact Type] at ValueType3()". This is strange, because I would expect a binary fact type between the objectified fact type and value type 3. But for some reason after pressing [enter] it links the objectified fact type to role 1 and 2 of the ternary fact type
- Now click on a role in the ternary fact type; you'll get an "assertion failed" error and VS will restart
Now there's an easy workaround of course; model it correctly! :)
I'm using Visual studio 2012 11.0.61030.00 Update 4 and the latest version of NORMA.