in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

How to add Exclusion Constraint in VisioModeler?

Last post Wed, Oct 29 2008 12:10 by Terry Halpin. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 29 2008 9:38

How to add Exclusion Constraint in VisioModeler?

Good day to all,

Hopfully I'm posting this question in the right place.

I downloaded VisioModeler so I could use it to learn about ORM.  For the most part, I'm having no problems.  Except for the fact that I can't seem to figure out how to create an exclusion Constraint.

I select the "Exclusion Constraint" tool from the toolbar, click a role and get the (1:1), hold down shift and click another role and get the (1:2), but the "Accept Constraint" button on the tool bar remainsinactive and greyed out.

I've tried selecting one or both sides of both roles involved.

I've tried deleting an existing exclusion constraint from the Academic sample model, and recreating it.

No luck.  What am I missing?

Thank you,

Charles Wilt

Filed under:
  • Wed, Oct 29 2008 9:51 In reply to

Re: How to add Exclusion Constraint in VisioModeler?

It never fails, post a question to find out the answer to something you've spent a couple of hours on and as soon as you hit post, you figure out the answer.

I didn't realize that I had to use the "New Sequence" button also.

Now to figure out exactly what effect "New Sequence" has.

Charles Wilt

• Wed, Oct 29 2008 12:10 In reply to

Re: How to add Exclusion Constraint in VisioModeler?

Hi Charles

My tutorial on how to use VisioModeler can be downloaded from

http://www.orm.net/pdf/VMuse.pdf

Here is an excerpt from that tutorial on adding exclusion constraints (but you already figured it out!)

To apply an exclusion constraint over two or more compatible role sequences, click the exclusion

constraint button, then hold the shift key down as you click the roles in sequence 1, then click the

NewSequence button, then click the click the roles in sequence-2, … then click the click the roles in the final

sequence, then click the Done [
    ] button. Be sure to click the roles in the correct corresponding order. Even if

there is just one role in each sequence, you have to apply the procedure as described.

Cheers

Terry

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service