in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

No verbalization on ring constraints

Last post Mon, May 25 2009 6:35 by Matthew Curland. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 1 2009 4:39

• PeterC
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 22 2008
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 22

No verbalization on ring constraints

Hi,

When I select various types of constraints, eg subset constraint, the verbalizer describes it; BUT I get no verbalization on ring constraints. Even if I select a number of shapes, the ring constraint verbalization is missing.

I'm using VS2008 Pro and March 2009 version of NORMA on Vista Home Premium.

Thanks, Peter

• Mon, May 4 2009 15:45 In reply to

Re: No verbalization on ring constraints

Peter,

The ring constraints currently only verbalization for an irreflexive ring constraint, the others are simply NYI.

Terry has spent some time recently on an updated verbalization spec that covers the ring constraints. I just haven't implemented his spec yet.

-Matt

• Wed, May 13 2009 22:43 In reply to

• PeterC
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 22 2008
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 22

Thanks, Matt.

Obviously you have a list of bugs and features that you have identified for fixing / implementing.  Is there such a list available for perusal, or do we just keep posting them in the forum, even if they may already have been identified elsewhere?

Regards, Peter

• Mon, May 25 2009 6:35 In reply to

Ring constraints on a single FactType verbalization in the May 2009 CTP release (changeset 1386).

I try to fix bugs as soon as I find out about them. For features, I like not having an official list because it lets me get unbiased feedback from the community, which helps us with prioritization.

In this case, I needed the spec from Terry, and it took me about 4 days to add support to the verbalization generation patterns to support all of the new constructs used only with rings.

-Matt

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service