in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Ring Constraints

Last post Thu, Apr 20 2006 13:11 by Brian Nalewajek. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 19 2006 20:48

Ring Constraints

In InfoModeler, I had a bit of a tough time figuring how, and how best to use ring constaints.  I see ring contraints in the Toolbox, but I'm not at all sure I'm using the correct method of adding them to the model.  This is even harder without being able to use sample data to suggest which ring contraint to use.  Anyone worked out the correct way to add them to the model?  BRN..
  • Thu, Apr 20 2006 10:49 In reply to

• Kevin M. Owen
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2007
    • Neumont University, South Jordan, Utah
    • Posts 0

RE: Ring Constraints

To add a ring constraint to the diagram, you should be able to just drag it on from the toolbox and hook it up to the appropriate roles using the same process through which other external constaints are hooked up to roles.
    Once it is on the model, you should be able to change what type of ring constraint it is through the property browser (until you've specified the ring constraint type, the ring constraint will have an error on it, so you should be able to just double click on it and have it bring you to the appropriate entry in the property browser).
  • Thu, Apr 20 2006 13:11 In reply to

RE: Ring Constraints

Thanks,
      I was able to get the ring contraint in place and selected what I hope is the appropriate type. I'll need to a model with some known data to make sure that what I think I'm doing is what is being done.  I'll work on a test model later (Perhaps something biblical - where the data and the rules for "begetting" are well established, and any misbegotten data caused by a misused ring constraint will be easy to spot). 
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service