in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Generated .sql for SQL Server 2005

Last post Thu, Nov 9 2006 12:54 by ted creedon. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 9 2006 10:34

Generated .sql for SQL Server 2005

Hi,
      Doesn't look like the selection options for generating a DDL .sql file with the Custom tool shows, or allows, a choice of which version of SQL Server is targeted.  Is it only SQL Server 2000?  I've been working with SQL Sever 2005, and the generated script files don't work as generated.  I think it has something to do with the way 05 handles CREATE SCHEMA, as different from earlier versions.  To get a valid DDL script, I've found that I either have to  add a DROP IF NOT NULL/CREATE DATABASE name/USE DATABASE name section at the top, or a USE DATABASE name (replacing CREATE SCHEMA), after first creating the database before running the script.  I also found that I have to change the SCHEMA name and references to the SCHEMA name in the script, in order to get the database object identifiers correct.  Obviously, it would be better, if the DDL script executed properly without having to fiddle with it.  Is better SQL Server 2005 script generation in the works?  BRN..
  • Thu, Nov 9 2006 12:54 In reply to

RE: Generated .sql for SQL Server 2005

Which brings up the question of supporting incremental .sql updates using ALTER?
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service