in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Display Role Name

Last post Fri, Sep 7 2007 11:49 by Kevin M. Owen. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Aug 31 2007 11:49

• JO3Y
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 8 2008
    • Posts 34

Display Role Name

I'm trying to follow the directions to recreate the diagram in Lab 4, slide 24

In the model notes there is a textual constraint:
    For each Project: existing completionDate >= startDate

I believe startDate and completionDate are supposed to be role names. in the PPT, these are shown as bracketed blue text by the respective FactTypes. I can't get these labels to display on the diagram. For both fact types, I set DisplayRoleNames to On, and set their respective Note properties to startDate and completionDate. 

Also the fact types are named ProjectStartedOnDate and ProjectCompletedOnDate. Is there a way to rename them so that they are startDate and completionDate ?

The PPT shows footnote numbers refering to the textual constraint in the model note; I don't expect to recreate them since it is stated on the previous slide that footnoting is not yet supported. Likewise for the * in the derivation rule for 'is completed'

However, it concerns me that there are boldface keywords shown that do not display in the text that I added to the notes. Does this mean I am doing something wrong?

Thanks, 

Joe

• Fri, Sep 7 2007 11:49 In reply to

• Kevin M. Owen
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2007
    • Neumont University, South Jordan, Utah
    • Posts 0

RE: Display Role Name

To set the role names, you can click on the individual role (not the fact type), and set the Name property.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service