in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

NORMA Open house Webex/audio for sharing tips and tricks ?

Last post Sun, Jul 1 2012 5:20 by Phillip. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 29 2012 11:24

• Phillip
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 24 2011
    • Posts 3

NORMA Open house Webex/audio for sharing tips and tricks ?

Anyone interested in spending an hour or two on a call with a webex looking at peers using NORMA;  learning basic techniques from newbies and tips and tricks from more epxerienced users  ?

• Fri, Jun 29 2012 15:08 In reply to

• Ken Evans
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2007
    • Stickford, UK
    • Posts 805

Re: NORMA Open house Webex/audio for sharing tips and tricks ?

The idea of an online conference is a good idea.
    However, I'm not convinced that Webex is the right vehicle.

I looked at their terms and conditions and there are several clauses that some people will not agree to (me for one)

Any suggestions for an alternative vehicle?

Ken 

• Sun, Jul 1 2012 5:20 In reply to

• Phillip
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 24 2011
    • Posts 3

Re: NORMA Open house Webex/audio for sharing tips and tricks ?

I only suggest webex it is my employers corporate standard and I can therefore host it at no charge; I think I can get access to Microsoft Livemeeting but I'd expect they would have similar Terms. 'd be happy to join another service is somebody somebody else has something similer.

Attendees of  a webex session do not have to register with webex, it just asks for a name and and an email address (which are not checked and can be garbage) then installs the pluggin (which you can uninstall later). 

wrt content material exchanged on the call  I'd expect it to be shared on the basis of something like open source / creative commons license

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Text_of_Creative_Commons_Attribution-ShareAlike_3.0_Unported_License

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service