in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

I have an ApprovalInfo table with approval criteria in other tables.

Last post Fri, May 10 2013 14:02 by mnnoon. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 10 2013 14:02

• mnnoon
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • Lawndale, CA
    • Posts 60

I have an ApprovalInfo table with approval criteria in other tables.

I'm looking for best practice in orm by asking Is there a good way in orm to check that all the required fields for the approval process (final stage for approval) is completed and ready to go? I have credit card account authorization tables and one of the last tables that gets populated is an approval table which has the date the account was approved and who approved it.   So when I hit approved, it now checks that all the tables and required fields for the approval process are correctly filled with appropriate data.  I'm thinking that maybe a trigger on the approval should be checked which then creates a transaction to see if all mandatory fields have been completed.  This includes on sub tables such to check for required fields. 

Note: I have a similar dilimea for changing an approved account.  Closing an approved account and changing an approved account to a declined state or to some other state.  I'm using a status field to track these mode changes.

Also I noticed someone was interested in a draft mode which makes sense because its not mandatory in the initial stage of the account creation b/c operators will constantly make changes or retrieve new information until its ready for final approval.

Thank you,

Marc Noon

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service