in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Modelling issue

Last post Sat, Feb 1 2014 4:38 by koneill. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 31 2014 3:55

• koneill
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 17 2012
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 38

Modelling issue

Hi,

I'm running into a brick wall here so I thought I'd write a post to see ;

- if my model is wrong

- if norma is giving a model error when it should not.

I've included a screenshot with the model. Im getting 2 errors because of the exclusive or constraint on the fact types between user, single action and action.

The sample population is as follows

User: John, Peter, Mark

FactType User --> single action:  John, 3

FactType User --> action: Peter, 1; John, 2

Action: 1,2,3

Single action: 1,3

Batch Action: 2

What I'm trying to model is the following;

Batch actions can only be entered through the NCC (Name of our software client)

Single actions can be entered through the NCC AND the IEC61968-9 interface

I know I can model it differently but In my perception the model and sample population should not give an error.

• Fri, Jan 31 2014 4:47 In reply to

Re: Modelling issue

What are the error messages you get?
  • Fri, Jan 31 2014 5:26 In reply to

• koneill
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 38

Model Error: 'SingleAction' instance '3' in model 'ORMModel1' must participate in fact type 'UserRequestedSingleActionThroughTheIec619689Interface' or fact type 'UserRequestedActionThroughTheNCC'.
    Model Error: 'SingleAction' instance '1' in model 'ORMModel1' must participate in fact type 'UserRequestedSingleActionThroughTheIec619689Interface' or fact type 'UserRequestedActionThroughTheNCC'.

• Sat, Feb 1 2014 0:45 In reply to

Hi Karl,

I'll confirm this as a bug with populations across mandatory constraints on different subtypes. I fixed some related cases in the last round (mentioned in bug fix item 2 in the Dec 2013 readme), but apparently I have more work to do.

This is an issue with incremental validation not recognizing that instances of the 'other' subtype are in use. You can either hide the errors (error display is easily deactivated and reactivated now with the new context menus) or just reload the model, which starts with a clean error pass. A quick reload without officially saving to disk can be done by turning on an extension (then turning it back off). Most of my models don't use 'Custom Properties', so I do that one.

Thanks for reporting this one.

-Matt

• Sat, Feb 1 2014 4:38 In reply to

• koneill
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Male
    • The Netherlands
    • Posts 38

Hi Matt, Thanks for the quick reply. I've modified the model for now (needs to go to a customer) but its good to know my modelling of the situation is a correct way of doing it. Regards, Karl
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service