in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Sample Population Editor on objectified ternary predicate issue

Last post Mon, May 11 2015 11:41 by shada22. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 11 2015 7:29

• shada22
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 19 2008
    • Posts 18

Sample Population Editor on objectified ternary predicate issue

I have a ternary predicate that I've objectified to model Open Source usages by our internal projects.

"Project uses ThirdPartyItem version number Version" where Project and ThirdPartyItem are objects and Version is a value type.

Both Project and ThirdPartyItem have .Id reference modes. (that I've temporarily made strings for ease of business review)

Before I enter any values into the population editor for the objectified predicate, I've already filled in sample Projects and ThirdPartyItems.

When I enter the values for Project or ThirdPartyItem in the Sample Population Editor for the objectified predicate, new domain values for Project or ThirdPartyItem are created regardless of the fact that those values already exist in the sample population for Project.Id and ThirdPartyItem.Id.

.orm file available on request. I would have tried to debug the problem first, but as you can see via my other post, I ran into an issue using only VS2013 to build with.

Thanks,

Bill

• Mon, May 11 2015 10:23 In reply to

Re: Sample Population Editor on objectified ternary predicate issue

Hi Bill,

You can pick the existing items using the dropdown, or by exactly matching the name of the item in the text field. If you need to edit an existing name do it with the raw item selected or it will create a new item instead of editing the existing one.

If you have a model file that isn't exhibiting this behavior I'd like to see it.

-Matt

PS (Orthogonal to the sample population issue.) I don't think this is a conceptual ternary. Objectify 'ThirdPartyItem has Version' as VersionedThirdPartyItem, then do 'Project uses VersionedThirdPartyItem' as a many-to-many fact type.

• Mon, May 11 2015 11:41 In reply to

• shada22
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 19 2008
    • Posts 18

Re: Sample Population Editor on objectified ternary predicate issue

Yeah, you're correct about the conceptual modeling of objectifying "VersionedThirdPartyItem". I'll give that a go separately.

Appologies for getting it wrong in my original post, the issue appears to be creating the objectified primary reference modes in the sample population editor for simple value types attached to the objectified type.

There is a "ProjectUsesThirdPartyVersion links with project using LinkType" fact type where LinkType is {'Static', 'Dynamic', 'N/A'}.

The problem is with this fact type. If I try to add an existing instance of "ProjectUsesThirdPartyVersion" using only the

e.g.: I already have a pre-existing (PrjId, QTItem, 1.2.3) instance in the objectified object, when I try to add (PrjId, QTItem, 1.2.3, Dynamic) to the fact type I end up with a duplicate (PrjId, QTItem, 1.2.3) instance in the objectified object.

I'll send you the file offline after the problem has occurred. 

Bill 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service