in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

MySQL generation for BLOB, Text: Large Length etc.

Last post Mon, Apr 10 2017 9:21 by Ken Evans. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 10 2017 6:18

• mav8rick
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 20 2012
    • Posts 1

MySQL generation for BLOB, Text: Large Length etc.

Hi

I have been pretty pleased with the modeler so far and am fully convinced that this is "the way to go" for all my future data modeling.  However, I encountered a little problem with the MySQL schema generation whenever it involved BLOB, Text: Large Length etc. because the  script generated got rejected by MySQL ver5.6. ,

If you check out the data requirements at https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/storage-requirements.html, you will notice that BLOB, TEXT, LONGBLOB AND LONGTEXT no longer need a length parameter.

Is there a way to "tweak" some config parameter somewhere to stop that behavior (i.e. putting the length parameter)? Or perhaps the place in the source code where this is processed though it's unlikely that I will fix this myself in the short term but just maybe....

• Mon, Apr 10 2017 9:21 In reply to

• Ken Evans
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2007
    • Stickford, UK
    • Posts 805

Re: MySQL generation for BLOB, Text: Large Length etc.

Thanks for your positive comments about ORM and NORMA.

Matt usually replies to messages in this section but he is very busy so it may take him a while to get back to you.

If you want more information, please send an email to test1@ormfoundation.org.

Ken

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service