in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

norma installation

Last post Mon, Oct 29 2007 4:22 by sparrow. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Oct 26 2007 6:41

• sparrow
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 8 2008
    • Posts 7

norma installation

What software should be installed on a computed for NORMA to work? Are Windows XP and Visual Studion 2005 sufficient?

thanks
  • Fri, Oct 26 2007 11:13 In reply to

• Kevin M. Owen
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2007
    • Neumont University, South Jordan, Utah
    • Posts 0

RE: norma installation

Yes. The only other dependencies that NORMA has are on DSL Tools and PLiX, both of which our setup package will install if necessary.
  • Fri, Oct 26 2007 12:19 In reply to

Hi,

Just to add that it's been the "Standard or above" editions of Visual studio that have been (and I'm guessing still are) required.  From the team, I recall that the fact that the Express Edition did not allow for the DSL custom tools required by nORMa at this time.  

You may have also seen that the team plans to support VS 2008 (due out in Feb 2008 - but available in pre-release as free DL from MS now).  I heard from MS rep that express versions of VS 2008 will be available - but forgot to ask if these will have the same limitations on custom tools.  In any case, I've also heard from nORMa team in earlier posts, that moving away from VS requirements is something they plan to do - but when, I couldn't say.

Finally, if you are testing the nORMa tool with VS, it has been a requirement that you use a Windows, or Console "project type" to build the ORM model - Data, Website, etc..., types haven't worked.  The project type just lays down the bones in VS, and you can forget about the Windows form as soon as it's created.

BRN..
  • Mon, Oct 29 2007 4:22 In reply to

• sparrow
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 8 2008
    • Posts 7

thanks again. I will try. 
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service