in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Translation XML files changes?

Last post Mon, Mar 10 2008 20:38 by Jos Bol. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 5 2008 16:32

• Jos Bol
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 8 2008
    • Rio de Janeiro
    • Posts 10

Translation XML files changes?

Did the XML files containing the verbalization and reporting strings change in this new CTP by the way? I'm still translating the files from the previous release. It would be a bummer if I would have to do it all over again.

With kind regards,
    Jos
  • Mon, Mar 10 2008 14:00 In reply to

Re: Translation XML files changes?

No, we haven't changed the format or added any snippets. Any snippet additions will be most easily seen by checking the change logs on the schema file and xml files. ORMModel\ObjectModel\VerbalizationCoreSnippets\VerbalizationCoreSnippets.xsd and other files in that directory are the best place to check for changes on these files. If I reorder the snippets, I promise to do it in a separate checkin clearly marked as 'reorder only' so you don't have to wade through them all to find new pieces.

Now that his book is out, Terry have more bandwidth for rounding out the verbalization spec, so look for changes here in the next few months. Also, with your Portugese and Dutch work, if you could track which snippets need lexical information to correct grammar that would be helpful for future development.

-Matt

• Mon, Mar 10 2008 20:38 In reply to

• Jos Bol
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 8 2008
    • Rio de Janeiro
    • Posts 10

Re: Translation XML files changes?

Ok that's great :)

Some items I haven't been able to translate yet to Portuguese, because the translated texts get ambigious. It would  be nice to have a bit more documentation on the verbalization files, or at least have examples for the snippets to know in what context they are used. Just judging by the name of the snippet unfortunately doesn't always do the trick for me.

I'll mark the snippets which depend on lexical information with a comment,  there are quite a bit of them though. Unfortunately the dictionaries of openoffice don't have info on the gender. At least OOo doesn't seem to use it... The spellchecker of MSWord does correct grammar mistakes, including gender. For now I'm using only the masculine gender for the sake of consistency, but it generates sentences that obviously aren't grammatically correct most of the times.

--Jos

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service