in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

C# error messages

Last post Thu, Jun 15 2006 21:21 by Kevin M. Owen. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 15 2006 21:03

C# error messages

Here are some errors in the C# ci\ode generation.

Any clues? Thanks.
     tedc

Error	1	The namespace 'System' already contains a definition for 'Tuple'	
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Financial1\Financial\OrthogonalToolBoxExport.xml.cs	53	22	Financial

Error	10	The namespace 'System' already contains a definition for 'IPropertyChangeEventArgs'	C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Financial1\Financial\OrthogonalToolBoxExport.xml.cs	1157	19	Financial

Error	13	The namespace 'Financial.importedModel' already contains a definition for 'IHasimportedModelContext'	C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Financial1\Financial\OrthogonalToolBoxExport.xml.cs	3121	20	Financial

Error	16	The type 'Financial.importedModel.importedModelContext' already contains a definition for 'PotentialCollectionModificationCallback'	C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Financial1\Financial\OrthogonalToolBoxExport.xml.cs	3218	26	Financial

Error	17	The type 'Financial.importedModel.importedModelContext' already contains a definition for 'CommittedCollectionModificationCallback'	C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Financial1\Financial\OrthogonalToolBoxExport.xml.cs	3220	26	Financial
    Error	18	The type 'Financial.importedModel.importedModelContext' already contains a definition for 'ConstraintEnforcementCollectionCallbacks'	C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Financial1\Financial\OrthogonalToolBoxExport.xml.cs	3223	25	Financial
    Error	19	The type 'Financial.importedModel.importedModelContext' already contains a definition for 'ConstraintEnforcementCollectionTypeAndPropertyNameKey'	C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Financial1\Financial\OrthogonalToolBoxExport.xml.cs	3239	19	Financial
    Error	20	The type 'Financial.importedModel.importedModelContext' already contains a definition for 'ConstraintEnforcementCollection'	C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Financial1\Financial\OrthogonalToolBoxExport.xml.cs	3348	25	Financial
    Error	21	The type 'Financial.importedModel.importedModelContext' already contains a definition for 'ConstraintEnforcementCollectionWithPropertyName'	C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Financial1\Financial\OrthogonalToolBoxExport.xml.cs	3424	25	Financial
    Error	22	The type 'Financial.importedModel.importedModelContext' already contains a definition for 'MyTransactionCore'	C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\Financial1\Financial\OrthogonalToolBoxExport.xml.cs	3662	25	Financial

• Thu, Jun 15 2006 21:21 In reply to

• Kevin M. Owen
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2007
    • Neumont University, South Jordan, Utah
    • Posts 0

RE: C# error messages

There are probably two issues here.

First, we currently always generate certain global support classes, since we do not yet have a way to check if they have already been generated. This means that if you have more than one model for which you are generating code in a single project, these type definitions will be duplicated in both and conflict with each other. The errors with 'Tuple' and 'IPropertyChangeEventArgs' are examples of this.

As to the second issue, I am not sure where some of the other classes are being duplicated. Did you possibly rename the model file at some point, and still have the generated code with the old file name present alongside the generated code with the new file name?
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service