in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

C# Code Generation

Last post Wed, Oct 25 2006 11:21 by Scot Becker. 18 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 19 2006 10:29

C# Code Generation

I've set the CustomTool property and have selected C# (among others) in the ORMGeneratorSettings. all of the files (the intermediate files, DDL files, XSD files, etc.) generate except for the C3 file (or VB, for that matter). The file shows up in the solution explorer but has the yellow warning icon and attempts to open the file are met with "The item 'ORMModel1.cs' does not exist in the project directory. It may have been moved, renamed or deleted." (and indeed, the file is not present on my drive). Plix is installed. Am I missing a step someplace?
  • Thu, Oct 19 2006 10:45 In reply to

• Kevin M. Owen
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2007
    • Neumont University, South Jordan, Utah
    • Posts 0

RE: C# Code Generation

Is a file named 'ORMModel1.ORMCustomToolReport.cs' present in the project?
    If it is, see if there are any error messages in it.
  • Thu, Oct 19 2006 10:46 In reply to

It's there and has no errors.

Thanks,
    Scot.
  • Thu, Oct 19 2006 10:52 In reply to

• Kevin M. Owen
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Posts 0

Try right-clicking on 'ORMModel1.orm' in the Solution Explorer and selecting "Run Custom Tool". Does this cause any errors to appear in the error list ("View" \ "Error List") or in the 'ORMModel1.ORMCustomToolReport.cs' file?
  • Thu, Oct 19 2006 11:03 In reply to

Running the tool appears to do nothing (there is no hourglass, prompt, or anything like that) and there are no errors.

Thanks,
    Scot.
  • Thu, Oct 19 2006 11:11 In reply to

• Kevin M. Owen
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Posts 0

Interesting... Could you send me the .csproj file for that project?
  • Thu, Oct 19 2006 11:22 In reply to

Sent to the users.sourceforge.net address. Let me know if you don't get it or want me to send it elsewhere.

Thanks,
    Scot.
  • Thu, Oct 19 2006 11:32 In reply to

Sigh... my domain is blacklisted from the sourceforge mail server (I use an ISP that used to have open relays or something). Can you e-mail me at my first name (1 t) at orthogonal software.com? I'll send the file in reply. Thanks...
  • Thu, Oct 19 2006 12:02 In reply to

• Kevin M. Owen
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Posts 0

OK, I received the file and I think I see what the problem is.
    The C# code is generated from the PLiX representation of the generated object model, but I don't see a PLiX file listed in your .csproj file. When you selected C# as one of the outputs you wanted, the ORMCustomTool should have automatically enabled the PLiX output as well, but for whatever reason it may not have. If you open up the "ORMGeneratorSettings" dialog for your ORM model file and select "PLiX" as one of the output formats, your C# file should then generate correctly.
  • Thu, Oct 19 2006 12:07 In reply to

I don't have plix listed in the generator settings. I know I installed the MSI orignally -- and I did again just today.

Scot.
  • Thu, Oct 19 2006 12:19 In reply to

Removed and reinstalled plix. I didn't realize the Plix to CSharp checkbox collapsed under the c# checkbox. Not sure if it was there before but it is now, it is checked, and I have the same problem. 
  • Thu, Oct 19 2006 12:33 In reply to

I noticed that HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Neumont\ORM Architect for Visual Studio\Generators\OIALtoPLiX has a blank TransformUri value; could that be the cause?
  • Thu, Oct 19 2006 12:52 In reply to

I changed this value to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Neumont\ORM\Transforms\OIALtoPLiX.xslt. Now I get a top level checkbox for plix (OAIL to PLiX) but the .plix.xml file has the same icon as (and is not generated like) the cs file.
  • Thu, Oct 19 2006 13:31 In reply to

• Kevin M. Owen
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Male
    • Posts 0

Are the other values correct? Specifically, SourceInputFormat should be "OIAL" and ProvidesOutputFormat should be "PLiX".
    You may want to try doing a repair on the NORMA installation (from the "Add or Remove Programs" dialog).
  • Thu, Oct 19 2006 13:51 In reply to

The other values were correct. I removed NORMA and PliX and reinstalled. After both installs, the TransformUri value is blank. The PliX install was weird: It run a couple of status bars and then nothing. Is that normal? It created the PLiX for Visual Studio dir (with two files) and didn't error or anything, but I guess I expected the typical install wizard? 
Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2 Next >
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service