in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Feature Request - add verbalization for ring constraints

Last post Tue, May 13 2008 14:40 by Terry Halpin. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 13 2008 2:47

Feature Request - add verbalization for ring constraints

Hi,

Verbalization of ring constraint fact types would help in model creation and validation aspects.  It would be a handy addition to the capabilities of the Verbalization browser to be able to select a fact type, and see the associated ring constraint included in the readings.

Thanks,

BRN..

• Tue, May 13 2008 11:10 In reply to

Re: Feature Request - add verbalization for ring constraints

Hi Brian

Thanks for your suggestion. We intend to complete the verbalization of all constraints, including ring constraints (at this stage, the only ring constraint we verbalize is irreflexivity). I am responsible for writing the verbalization specfication, but am currently swamped with other duties. I expect to have the ring constraint verblaization spec completed sometime in July, and it should take Matt only a day to code it. The good news is that our automated verbalization should ultimately be far richer (e.g. including verbalization of join constraints over arbitrarily complex paths). 

Cheers

Terry

• Tue, May 13 2008 14:23 In reply to

Hi Terry,

The town I live in was once known as the "Great Swamp", which sometimes seems apropriate - If I had your responsibilities, all the more so.  Richer verbalization, when it comes, will be very welcome. 

Do the plans mean the team is closer to a grammar to match the graphical representation, across the board? 

Thanks for the reply, and good luck with all the hot irons,

BRN..

• Tue, May 13 2008 14:40 In reply to

Hi Brian

We are in the early stages of working on a formal grammar for a textual language to cover the expressibility of the graphical language, plus first-order textual constraints, derivation rules (for derived and semiderived fact types and subtypes) and conceptual queries. As other features currently have higher priority, it will likely be some time before such an input textual language (the current verbalization covers part of our output language) is fully implemented.

Cheers

Terry

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service