in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Images within Posts - Common Meta Model

Last post Thu, Jun 19 2008 12:34 by Ken Evans. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 18 2008 8:01

Images within Posts - Common Meta Model

Hi Ken,

We're at the stage with our research (at Viev) where we feel that we can start asking questions and contributing to discussions on the common (ORM) meta-model. In order to do so, we'd like to start putting images (ORM models) within those posts (as general points for discussion).

Anyway, I'm not sure about the general philosophy of how images make their way onto OF.
    e.g. John's picture for the 'Big Brown Book Club' isn't on OF, but on another server somewhere.

Is this the intent?..i.e. 'always reference images from your own server and [link] them within the post'.

The only reason I ask, is that if 'our' server goes down, then OF loses the image (link). I mean, we certainly put the images on our server if we have to.

Or is there a way to load images onto OF? If there is, can you let us know how.
    I don't mind either way, I'm just curious how it works and what you want people to do.

Best regds
    Victor

• Thu, Jun 19 2008 12:34 In reply to

• Ken Evans
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2007
    • Stickford, UK
    • Posts 805

Re: Images within Posts - Common Meta Model

Hi Victor,

You can add images by using the "File attachment add/update" button on the options tab.
    Prepare the image offline and then navigate to it & use the upload features.
    I recommend that you use .png files.
    Note that you won't see the image in your post until after you have posted it.

Ken 

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service