in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

XML Schema Validation

Last post Wed, Jun 25 2008 9:25 by Matthew Curland. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 24 2008 15:42

XML Schema Validation

Having had a hard disk failure and a machine swap, I have just copied my projects back and tried to open the ORM diagrams.

The error is: Cannot load ... Xml Schema validation of the .ORM file has failed.

They open just fine when holding down the shift key.

Is there a resolution?

Cheers

Mike

• Tue, Jun 24 2008 15:54 In reply to

Re: XML Schema Validation

Do you have the same NORMA version on both machines? An older NORMA opening newer files can lead to this issue. The original error message should tell you which XML element will not load.

The serialization engine loader is generally much more forgiving than the schemas and will simply not load elements it does not recognize. Most of the time you won't have an issue if you just resave the file after the shift-load. You'll probably want to keep a backup and diff the old/new files just to see what changed. I'm mostly interested in the diffs in the ORMModel section. You should see the same schema errors if you open the .orm file in the XML editor.

-Matt

• Tue, Jun 24 2008 18:18 In reply to

Answer

Hi Matthew

and thanks. Yeah, it was the same version. It was easily cured by re-saving the files, but I just wondered if it was a known problem.

Cheers

Mike

• Wed, Jun 25 2008 9:25 In reply to

No, it wasn't a known problem. Did you keep a copy of the error message (you can always copy this messages to get details), or the original file? I can only fix it if I know the element that was causing you problems.

-Matt

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service