in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

ORMGenerator option for OWL

Last post Wed, Nov 24 2010 15:56 by Terry Halpin. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 24 2010 10:35

• ralberts
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 14 2010
    • Posts 3

ORMGenerator option for OWL

Hi,

I have Ms. Visual Studio 2005 and installed the NORMA plugin on it (from the zip called NORMA_VS2005_2010-07CTP.zip).

I worked through the NORMA Tutorial 1 available in the Library link. In the tutorial the ORGGenerator dialog shows an option to generate OWL form the ORM model (amongst others). However, in my dialog box I only have the following options:

• PHPEntitiesImplementation
    • PLiX_Implementation
    • PLiX_Support
    • SQL_DB2
    • SQL_MySQL
    • SQL_Oracle
    • SQL_PostgreSQL
    •  SQL_SQL_Server
    • SQL_SQLSTandard
    • TableViewHTML
    • XSD 

I am very interested in the option to generate OWL from the ORM model. How should I go about getting this option? Do I have the wrong version? Does this only work in VS2008?

Help with this will be highly appreciated.

• Wed, Nov 24 2010 15:56 In reply to

Re: ORMGenerator option for OWL

Support for ORM to OWL transformation is definitely a feature we'd like to add to NORMA. Some early prototyping work on this indicated its feasibility, and the later improvements to OWL (OWL 2) make this even more practical. However, at this stage we have not included any support for OWL generation in any of the NORMA plug-ins to VS 2005, VS 2008, or the upcoming plug-in to VS2010. Hopefully, we can provide such support in a future version.

As some indication of our interest in an ORM-to-OWL mapping, my current series of articles for the Business Rules Journal ( http://www.brcommunity.com/ ) focuses on ontological modeling. 

Cheers

Terry

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service