in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Object Model auto fill requests

Last post Fri, Jun 24 2011 15:35 by mnnoon. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jun 20 2011 16:30

• mnnoon
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • Lawndale, CA
    • Posts 60

Object Model auto fill requests

Hi,

I've been using the Norma add "New Page" tab at the bottom of the orm window and I noticed that you have to add items one by one when you drag and drop from the orm model browser.  So I'd like to add to the wish list a feature to select multiple items from the orm model browser, and then move all those items you selected and move to the main orm window.  Also I think it would be useful to add a schema name to the orm model browser to differentiate different parts of a model, and make it easier to sort model objects much like in the Sql 2008 management studio.

As a side note, I'd like to see a feature where I add a single entity and a depth feature that will retrieve all related items one to n levels deep.  I think this was asked before, but not recently.  This would definitely make this must more fun to use as it would just pull down all entities interested and then perfrom an auto format on those selected or the depth selected. 

Thanks,

Marc

• Tue, Jun 21 2011 3:06 In reply to

Re: Object Model auto fill requests

Marc,

You can drag multiple items from the ORM Context Window, and you can split the diagram view so you can see two diagrams, then drag from one diagram into another. Recently, it even started mostly working that you can drag from a diagram from one model into a different model.

I know it's not what you asked for, but I thought it would help.

• Fri, Jun 24 2011 15:35 In reply to

• mnnoon
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 16 2008
    • Lawndale, CA
    • Posts 60

Re: Object Model auto fill requests

Ahh I didn't realize that.  Well that's might even be a better way of doing it then. Thanks a bunch.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service