in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

VS2013, "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: font" with Relational View turned on.

Last post Fri, Jan 10 2014 13:23 by Tyler Young. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 10 2014 2:39

• Tyler Young
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 27 2009
    • South Jordan, Utah, USA
    • Posts 49

VS2013, "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: font" with Relational View turned on.

In VS2013 (with the latest NORMA build as of Jan 8th), it's throwing an error when I enable the relational view. Specifically: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: font I've tried typing into the Fact Editor, copying objects from other models, opening older models, and they all throw the same error one way or another. The dialog box varies depending on what method was used, but the message is the same. You can drag Entity Types out from the toolbox, but when you go to set the reference mode in the Properties window the error is thrown. With Value Types, the error is thrown as soon as you try to set the data type. Fact Types seem to be unaffected; they can be entered via the Fact Editor or the Toolbox without incident.
    Filed under:
  • Fri, Jan 10 2014 12:57 In reply to

Re: VS2013, "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: font" with Relational View turned on.

Hi Tyler,

I'm not able to reproduce this here. I'm assuming this is happening only with the Relational View extension turned on, not just the Map to Relational View pieces.

Is there any way you could get me a callstack? This is likely in the AlternateViews\RelationalView\ShapeModel\ColumnElementListCompartment.cs file during a MeasureString call, but I don't know what is triggering your system to have a null font here. The fonts are retrieved from the DSL-managed class style set just like every other font in the system.

I'll be on the west side of the freeway this afternoon. I'd like to figure out what is doing this and get an 'a' drop out for 2013 if necessary.

-Matt

• Fri, Jan 10 2014 13:23 In reply to

• Tyler Young
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 27 2009
    • South Jordan, Utah, USA
    • Posts 49

Re: VS2013, "Value cannot be null. Parameter name: font" with Relational View turned on.

I'm not running from source at the moment, so getting the call stack could be problematic. I'll email you with my schedule and we can figure out if today works or if I make a trip out your way tomorrow.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service