in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Using an ORM diagram in LucidChart

Last post Wed, Mar 30 2022 21:34 by Ken Evans. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 30 2022 17:58

• OrionB
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 3 2008
    • Tualatin OR
    • Posts 19

Using an ORM diagram in LucidChart

I am wondering if anyone knows a way or can point me to a resource that would help to integrate LucidCharts with a .orm file in a more intelligent way than just "paste-the-no-longer-editable-.jpg."

I have recently started working for a company that uses LucidCharts extensively for communicating diagrams. I have an opportunity to create an ORM diagram capturing information across some different systems that are being integrated.  By company policy, anything I create as a diagram must ultimately placed in a LucidChart file.  I currently have the option of using NORMA on my personal machine, generating some JPG files and just pasting them in to display. But, as Ken Evans has pointed out in a relatively recent thread here, simply presenting the diagram as a .jpg has less efficacy when talking with the people that need it most. The heart of it is capturing and discussing all of those juicy verbalizations that are implied by the diagram; being able to uncover and verify them, making corrections and additions swiftly and accurately.

Filed under:
  • Wed, Mar 30 2022 21:34 In reply to

• Ken Evans
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2007
    • Stickford, UK
    • Posts 805

Re: Using an ORM diagram in LucidChart

ORM is a formal language that happens to use diagrams to express some of its features.

The full name is "Formal Object-Role Modeling Language." 

We use NORMA to express the details.

Using ORM diagrams without understanding their meaning is a waste of time.  

If you want to understand why some misguided people might believe that "Oh - we can do it with Lucidchart" (or similar), I suggest that you read my Amazon book:

"False Beliefs and Neuron Maps- Why people believe things that are not true."  

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service