in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

norma and merge replication

Last post Wed, Feb 4 2009 15:46 by Ken Evans. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 24 2008 10:08

norma and merge replication

Using norma to reverse engineer a database which has merge replication enabled is an interesting experience, if somewhat frustrating, with hundreds of otherwise irrelevant object types and their associated roles and constraints dropped in the middle of everything else. (I was trying to use orm in vs 2008.) Since there seems to be no discussion of this issue on this site, I do not expect any immediate resolutions of this issue. (I might be able to alleviate some of my problems by editing the raw .orm file, but with over a thousand non-adjacent lines to change, that might be error prone.) However I did want to raise this issue so that hopefully someone could deal with it in the future.
  • Mon, Feb 2 2009 13:18 In reply to

• rcb1976
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 17 2008
    • Posts 1

Re: norma and merge replication

I'd be very happy if I could figure out how to reverse engineer in Norma.  I've been trying for  about 4 hours, does anyone have a tutorial? or, can any one provide me wtih some guidance?

Thanks

• Tue, Feb 3 2009 7:01 In reply to

• Ken Evans
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2007
    • Stickford, UK
    • Posts 805

Sorry for the slow response.
    What I can tell you is that at present, you can only reverse engineeer from SQL Server 2005.
    We have asked Matt to post the details of "how to".

Ken

• Wed, Feb 4 2009 15:46 In reply to

• Ken Evans
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Sun, Nov 18 2007
    • Stickford, UK
    • Posts 805

Hi,

I just had a chat with Matt and he reminded me of the procedure.
    The steps are straightforward and I hope that you find the following diagram to be self-explanatory.
    At present NORMA can only import from SQL Server 2005.
    To make this work, you do need to be familiar with SQL Server 2005.

Matt also reminded me that the readme that accompanies the NORMA download contains instructions on how to use NORMA's reverse engineering features - and lots more besides. 

Hope this helps

Ken

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service