in

The ORM Foundation

Get the facts!

Highlight in Model Object Browser

Last post Fri, Jan 15 2010 22:18 by Matthew Curland. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 15 2010 11:57

• JimLudden
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Male
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 16 2008
    • Taos, New Mexico, USA
    • Posts 75

Highlight in Model Object Browser

I would find it helpful if, when I select an object or (especially) a fact in the graphic window, that the corresponding object or (more especially) fact were highlighted.

This would be useful when I create a new page and want to drag existing objects and facts from the model browser. With objects it is pretty easy to get the right one, but with facts, not so easy.

• Fri, Jan 15 2010 22:18 In reply to

Re: Highlight in Model Object Browser

Hi Jim,

I added the 'Select in Model Browser' command in changeset 1415, but I haven't included this in a public drop yet. It looks like it's about time to get a new public release out (the code for this was added on October 23). This will let you jump to existing items in the model browser.

I'm not planning on automatically synchronizing selection because the three NORMA selection containers (diagram windows, Diagram Spy, Model Browser) all maintain independent selection states by design. This lets you do investigative jumps around the model without changing your primary selection. For example, you can select a column in the model browser or relational view then use the verbalization browser hyperlinks to jump around the model with the Diagram Spy window--all without losing your primary selection.

Also, note that you can drag existing shapes to a new diagram from either the diagram spy window or a second document window. To get a second window, activate a diagram and choose Window/New Window from the main menu bar, then right click the new window tab and choose 'New Horizonal Tab Group'. You'll find more detail on this in the readme, which has a section dedicated to window management. With two windows open you can copy shapes directly from one diagram to the other.

-Matt

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
© 2008-2024 ------- Terms of Service